Sunday, December 18, 2011

Oily Skin

De-Slick your face
I've always struggled with oily skin.  My skin is a strange combination of sensitive, dehydrated- underneath-and-produces-more-oil-to-compensate-for-the-dryness, acne-prone type.  I know, totally not cool.  Through the years of trial and error, I have used many a things to get this under control.  Here's my newest weapon to combat oiliness:  De-Slick by Urban Decay.


De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting SprayI bought this on a whim at Sephora about a month ago, and I'm so glad I did.  You apply your skincare and makeup as you usually would, then finish by spritzing this spray 3-4x and hold it about 8-10 inches from your face.  Then watch as you magically remain ungreasy for hours more than normal!  If I hadn't used this myself, I wouldn't have believed it, but it works.  Also doesn't break me out, WHEE!  They also have a version of this for non-oily skinned ladies that's more like a setting spray for makeup.  A sales associate at Sephora told me it really kept her makeup in place all night.  Of course, it's called "All Nighter." 

I bought this in the small-sized bottle (not sure how many ounces it is, but it retails for $11) instead of the large 4 oz. bottle ($29).  I would recommend either: 1) sampling this at Sephora first (make sure it keeps your oilies at bay and doesn't cause you to break out the next day), or 2) buying the smaller sized item and using it before buying the larger spray. 

I'll be buying the larger sized bottle once I run out of the small one.  We have a winner!






No comments:

Post a Comment