Friday, December 2, 2011

Algenist

Concentrated Reconstructing Serum

Hello blog world!  I've been meaning to start a blog about skin care and make-up for so long, and now that I have some time, it's finally happening!  I've got lots of different things to share, but I thought I would start off with my newest beauty product find--Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum.

First off, let me tell you a little more about myself.  I'm 31 yrs. old, my skin type is sensitive/acne-prone/surface oily.  It's hard being a skin care junkie with this skin type, but alas, that has not stopped me from trying tons of products on the market.

Since it's winter, I thought I would need something extra to boost the level of moisture in my skin and set out to find a good serum to add to my skincare regiment.  Enter Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum.

Sephora says "This antiaging serum contains a high concentration of the revolutionary microalgae-based ingredient alguronic acid. Within just four weeks of use, it minimizes wrinkles, leaving your skin looking radiant and noticeably younger looking."  Sounded good to me. I did research on this product before my purchase and was excited to try it!


My first week using the sample, I had a little break out in places I typically don't break out.  But it was a small one that didn't last beyond a week.  Plus, I had read in other reviews that some people broke out for three days when they used this.  BEWARE--I broke out for a week or so, don't be surprised if you do too. Don't start trying this product if you're going to any weddings, parties, or going on a first date in the next week.  Once the breakout subsided,  I started seeing results.  After the first week, I didn't break out.  I started noticing my skin was more hydrated and required less moisturizer.  I only use this serum in the day (over my vitamin C serum) and I see that I'm using less moisturizer BOTH day and night.  Skin seems a little smoother too.  Since my skin is less dry, it's less oily (my skin gets more oily when I'm dry to compensate for the dryness).  All good things in my book!  Sort of a steep price tag at $95 for a one ounce bottle (30ml), but if you're looking to try something new, I would do it.  I'm happy with my results thus far!

I don't have too many wrinkles to test out what the serum says it does, but I enjoy it for all the other above listed reasons.  I would definitely buy again...........unless I meet a new serum that sweeps me off my feet at a reasonable price.  Probably won't happen, but a girl can always dream.

Pros:
-Made without common preservatives
-An algae based replacement to retinol (per Sephora's website)
-gentle
-skin smoothing effects
-hydrating

Cons:
-expensive
-have to endure a week of purging (minor breakouts)
-contains dimethicone (a silicone)

Remember to always ask for a sample before making this purchase and try it out for a full week before making your decision!  The product is expensive and the sales associates are happy to make you a sample. Happy sampling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment