Friday, December 9, 2011

Beauty tip: How to prevent under eyeliner from smudging

I don't know how I never knew this before (it seems I have lived under a beauty rock regarding this), but putting on an eye primer on your lower lid REALLY helps!  I used to never do this and have smudges an hour or two after application of eye liner on my lower lid.  I would constantly be rubbing off the smudged parts throughout the day and it was just plain annoying.  I did this for YEARS, seriously. 

Here's what I do:  I apply my eye cream, then apply an eye brightener/concealer to hide some of my dark circles, then dab an eyeshadow primer directly on to the portion of my lower lid where the eyeshadow and eyeliner will go.  I noticed if i put primer on before my concealer, it tends to cake and look straight nasty.  If your eye skin looks a little crepe-y (read as thin, crepe-like and not creepy), add a little bit of eye cream to add moisture to your eye and that should help. :)  Adding some eyeshadow underneath will also help!  This is not to say that it will not be a little smudgy after 6 hours, because it will be a little smudgy.  But this technique has helped me.  

Shadow Insurance

What I use: I used to love my Urban Decay Primer Potion, which is nice, but I recently got introduced to Too Faced Eye Insurance.  For now, I like it!  My eye liner barely smudges hours later (opposed to an hour or two later, and it used to smudge a LOT).  No raccoon eyes or looking like you cried--which is pretty sweet.  OOOOOOOOOoooh, I just saw that Too Faced has an eye insurance with a gold metallic sheen to it, which sounds pretty enticing too!  I'll have to check this out at Sephora the next time I'm there.  

Hope this helped someone!  This one piece of information has helped me mucho.  

2 comments:

  1. I've heard really good things about this eye primer too... but have yet to try it- I think it's finally time

    ReplyDelete