Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chapped lips be gone

I've decided to post a beauty item of the week.  This way, I can focus on a star product a week and be thorough about what the product does, it's pros and cons. As much as I love "top 10" lists of beauty items, I sometimes find them overwhelming because I want to write them all down and buy all ten of them...then become even more overwhelmed calculating the cost of all these additions to my beauty regiment.  I'm not hating on those "top 10" lists at all, because I will inevitably make one of those posts, just not today. :)   Now introducing.....


Beauty loot item of the week: THE Best Moisturizing Lip Treatment-- Lansinoh Breast Cream


Lansinoh Breast Creme.Opens in a new window
Ok, before you get disgusted and turn away from this page, hear me out for a second.  I first read about people using this as a lip treatment a few years ago.  I thought the same thing when I read about people using something used for chapped nipples for breastfeeding mothers on their lips, believe you me.  But I was desperate for a good lip treatment.  I had been using tons of different products that were drying out my skin (from acne treatments to regular exfoliation), and nothing on the market seemed moisturizing enough.  I tried so many over-the-counter and department store lip remedies, nothing seemed to work longer than a 1/2 hour.  Lips would go back to their crackly, peely self.  Once I got over the fact it was a nipple cream, I went to Target, acted nonchalant at the register, and rushed home.  At first application, I LOVED IT!!!! From the first time I've used it until now, it moisturizes like a dream.  Moisturizes for hours and a little goes a long way.  Consistency is thick (similar to vaseline), color is also like vaseline, but applies clear.  Also, during these cold winter months, it has saved my lips from crazy chap-ness.  





Since it comes in a big, conspicuous tube, I recommend getting a small container to put this in (that way you don't have to answer any awkward questions).  This one tube will last you a VERY LONG TIME.  I've had my bottle for over two years and I haven't finished it.  If you have trouble squeezing out the cream, warm it up first.  This cold weather has been making it difficult to squeeze out the cream, so I've been putting it next to my heater for a few minutes before I make the transfer into my little, inconspicuous container. 


Pros:
-very moisturizing
-low cost
-contains no preservatives or additives 
-no color
-one tube lasts a long time


Cons:
-comes in a large tube
-need to purchase small container


As you can see, I'm all about this.  I have turned several friends on to this because they have all tried mine and they see why I like it so much.  If your lips need moderate hydrating and not intense levels of hydration like mine, Aquaphor is also a good substitute.  You can find small tubes of this at your local drugstore and it already comes in a small tube you can throw in your purse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment