Monday, December 12, 2011

Amazing Mascaras **UPDATED**

MASCARA

I have heard and been asked this question so much I decided to post about it:  should I buy an expensive mascara?  Are they that much better than drug store brands?  I have struggled with this question myself....I mean, after all, mascara's are only really good for about 3-6 months, so should you go and spend $30 on a department store brand if the drug store one is a lot more affordable and does similar things?  Don't let drug store brands fool you, they put a lot of money into their product development and research too, so there are many good ones out there, you just have to find them.

I have tried a ton of mascaras, and once I found the ones that I thought worked for my sparse lashes, I stopped looking.  It's like dating in that way, you stop looking once you find what you're looking for.

Here are my two reviews on my two favorite mascaras (an expensive department store one and the other from Target).

#1:  YSL Faux Effet Cils -- If I could marry a mascara, it would be this one.  There are so many things to like about it!  It lengthens, it volumizes, it does all the things you want a mascara to do for your thin lashes, but better!  AND, it makes your lashes smell like roses.  No joke.  The first time I put this on, I wondered what smelled so good.  Then I realized, it was MY EYES!! Added bonus for me.  But this mascara costs $30, which is pretty expensive if you need to re-purchase regularly.  Of all the different mascaras I've tried in my life, this one definitely wins all awards.  


**UPDATE: As much as I love this mascara, it got a hazard level of 8 on the EWG website.  I'm not sure how much mascara would get absorbed into your system, but still, it's good to be aware of these things.  An added con about this mascara, I noticed it dries out a little bit faster than my Lash Accelerator.  I don't think it will last 6 months. :(**

#2: Rimmel Lash Accelerator -- Ah, my second, more affordable love.  I really love Rimmel's mascaras.  I have yet to meet one I did not like.  They are an affordable, drug store brand with mascaras that lengthen and volumize.  I have tried sooo many other drug store brands in hopes to find a cheaper alternative to all the expensive brands, and I finally met a mascara that can compare.  This one has an ingredient in it that is also supposed to make your eyelashes grow, so it's a two-fer!  If you're on a budget, this mascara is also a great addition to any make up bag. 

Until now, those are my two mascara loves....when the day comes that I find something that works better than these two guys, I'll be sure to let you know. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment