Wednesday, December 21, 2011

EWG Website and How to read your results



Ok, so I probably have you a little freaked out now from my previous post, sorry.  Not to freak you out more, but make sure when you look up your item and you see the score, to click on the name of the item to get a break down of why that product got that particular score.  The page should look something like this:


This will give you the actual scary break down of what's in your product.  And don't be fooled by a low score of "1," you'd be surprised to see what the breakdown actually looks like.  The above screen shot is one that I created from "Build your own report" and not verified by EWG.  And yes, sigh, it is for my Algenist Serum.  When I first read that, I thought, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"  My first review, I got past my purge period to start actually liking the product, and now THIS.  I'm still debating on whether I'll finish the bottle or return it to Sephora.

The way I see it, you have to weigh the pros and cons of your product, then decide if it's worth keeping or not.  I have an overnight Retinol treatment that helps keep my skin clear that scored a 5.  I decided to try to look for something that will work just as well with a lower score, but continue using my product until I find my green, holy grail treatment product.  No break out vs. my health, I pick not breaking out.  Kidding!  But I know that breaking out can lower your self-esteem and make you feel terribly self-conscious, so each individual has to make that decision for themselves.  I'm just here to give you information and help you in any way I can. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment