Thursday, December 22, 2011

Clairsonic Review

Clairsonic: To buy, or not to buy

When I first bought this, it physically hurt me to shell out $200 to purchase.  Now, they have the Mia for $119 and if you buy it from this website, they have a 20% coupon right now: SkinStore.  


I have been using this for about 2 years, and I have to admit, it does make my skin feel very soft.  Does it help remove zits?  Not so much.  But it supposedly helps wash your face and removes dirt and oil better than washing with your hands alone.  Since it does this, it allows your beauty products to work better.  It's the Sonicare for your face!


I used to use this every day for a year, but now I use it 1-2x/week more as an exfoliator.  I don't really think it helps with zits per se, unless the cause of your acne is from poor face cleaning (leaving makeup and dirt on your face in the PM before you go to sleep).  It's nice because it does make your face feel soft, but I'm not sure that it's a necessity.  I use the delicate replacement heads and replace them every 3-4 months.  It comes with a sensitive brush head, which was a little too harsh for my face.  


Verdict:  I like this as an addition to my skin care regiment.  If your skin is already soft, you don't really need to use this.  You could just use an exfoliating treatment 1-2x/week via mask/scrub.  If you have the money and are interested in trying this, you could also buy it from Sephora and return if it you feel that it doesn't really do anything for you.  I love their return policy!  Or, if you have a friend with a Clairsonic, you can buy a cheap replacement head on amazon and try out your friend's Clairsonic--you may feel less return-guilt that way. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment