Monday, February 3, 2014

Mineral Fusion Eye Shadows

Went to Whole Foods last week and what did I see? A huge Mineral Fusion sale!  Everything is 40% off (at least the store in Tustin was) and I couldn't resist.  I purchased their eye makeup remover (hated it--to see the full review, click HERE), an eye shadow palette "Fragile", and a single eye shadow in "Raw."

This is my first foray into pressed powder green eye shadows.  I've tried a few Bare Minerals eye shadows before, but I hated how messy the loose powders were and haven't given them a fair shot again.  I'll have to do that soon, as I've heard good things about Silk Naturals eye shadow (which is very affordable too at $4 each).  But I digress, on to my review…



I tried out both the Fragile palette and the Raw shadows this past weekend and I really enjoyed them!  They wear as long as my non-green eye shadows and they blended nicely.  The colors were pigmented enough too, so it didn't require layers and layers to achieve the look I wanted.  Also contains "age-defying antioxidants and soothing botanicals," or so they say.  I just liked it because it stayed in place and they're mineral-based.

Best of all, I got them on sale!! WHEE!!!  Whole Foods was having these puppies on sale until February 9, check it out before the sale ends! I don't like to post a review about something until I've used it for at least 3 months, but since the sale is going on for a limited time, I thought I should post this sooner than later. 

Pros:
-scores low on the Skin Deep site
-mineral eye shadow in pressed powder form
-has good staying power
-blends easily
-paraben free
-hypo-allergenic
-talc free

Cons:
-some may find these items pricey: with my 40% off, the palette was $14.99 and the single eye shadow was $8.99 (also, whenever I purchase makeup at a grocery store, I feel like it should cost less, even though it's cheaper than purchasing regular eye shadow in the department stores)
-limited color selection compared to bigger name brands

EWG Skindeep Rating: 2

Click here to read the EWG Skin Deep hazard report on the Fragile palette and here for the report on Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment