Friday, February 28, 2014

Face Oils I Will NOT be Re-Purchasing

About 6 months ago, I got back into researching different facial oils and trying various ones to incorporate into my skincare regimen. There is so much good stuff out there, I felt overwhelmed and just started ordering samples (online) and running to Sephora to get samples like a mad woman.

I tried (and am still trying out) various new skin care oils, but these ones just didn't make the cut. It's always disappointing to try something with rave reviews, but like I mentioned earlier, my skin is pretty sensitive and clog-prone, so you may have a different experience than I did.
  
1. One Love Organics Morning Glory Brightening Complexion Booster:
I really wanted to like this because I wanted to add a daytime oil with some skin benefits, but this didn't really do much for me AND gave me a mini-breakout that took a short while to go away. Typically, when I try something new, I would expect a small spot or two, but these spots were bigger and seemed to be clogged at a deeper level (OH NOOOOOO). I'm sad because I've heard great things about One Love Organics and I am still open to trying their other oils.  One of the things I love about One Love Organics is that you can purchase sample sizes of their oils at a reasonably low price. Sampling is the best thing to do, or you have to deal with the pesky return process via mail. 

2. Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Active Vitamin C Serum:
Another miss for me-I was looking for a vitamin C serum to incorporate into my skincare regimen for it's anti-aging and brightening benefits, but alas, this one wasn't the right match for me. The breakout I got from this one was a little more than normal, so I'm really glad I got the sample first. I limited trying the oil to just half my face, so at least I didn't have to hide my full face in the shadows for a few days, just half of it. Also part of a sample kit I purchased from One Love Organics, so no harm, no foul.

3. Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil:
WHY Fresh, why? I heard so many amazing things about Seabuckthorn oil, I ran over to Sephora to make my purchase. This one gave me a few new spots, but it's really the type of spots that it gave me that bothered me-the bigger, deeper clogs. Not more than a few, but that was enough for me to give up on this one. Like most oils, this has a combination of different oils in it, so it may not have been the Seabuckthorn. Regardless, that purchase sadly went back to it's Sephora family. 

There are so many different oils out there that are really great (there's a whole slew of undiscovered oils I'm sure I haven't tried)! I use a few from 302 Professional Skincare that I really like (reviews to come) and the Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil (click here to read the Kahina Argan Oil review), which is also really nice. Many greener lines will offer samples or a good return policy. Happy oil shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment