Thursday, February 6, 2014

Beautiful Blush: Not "Green" but Still Worthy

I know this is a green blog, but I will periodically blog about products that aren't green but hold such a special place in my cosmetics heart, that I cannot give up.  Today will be one of those posts- it is about my favorite blush that I discovered late last year.  It's a beautiful cream blush made by Kevyn Aucoin, The Creamy Glow in Liquifuschia.   When used correctly, it leaves a rosy glow on your cheeks that looks natural and fabulous!  The first few times I used it, I couldn't believe how natural and pretty the color looked (unlike the crazy hot pinkness you see in the container).  It perks up your face and just makes you look like you, but better.  I have several other powder blushes (MAC-Peaches, Clinique-Precious Posy, NARS-Orgasm) and after I tried this cream blush, I don't think I can go back to them, because powder blushes don't impart that soft glow that a cream blush gives you.  Don't get me wrong, those other powder blushes I mentioned are great and all highly reviewed and rated, they just pale in comparison to my new found blush love. 






When you look at the color initially, it's a bit disturbing--it looks like a color that should have been discontinued from the 80's.  It's also a cream blush, and having sensitive, breakout- prone skin, i did not want to try a cream blush, for fear of breakouts.  So what did I do?  What I do best--rigorously started researching and looking for reviews on this product. From what I could find, all the reviewers said they didn't break out, and that only a little bit of product was needed to look "glow-y," and that was enough to sell me on it.  

Here's how I use this heavenly product:

1. Use a stippling brush--I use one from MAC (#187), but any stippling brush will do.
2. Lightly tap the stippling brush into The Creamy Glow blush 4-5 times (start with less if   
    you're scared and want to build up the color).  You'll be able to see that if you use this 
    little, each time, this cream blush will last you a LONG TIME (or at least, until it expires). 
3. Dab/stipple the blush on to your cheeks and blend the color out (this part varies for 
    everyone-some like to blend it toward their hairline, some like to keep the cheek color
    only on their cheeks, do what works for you).
4. Blend out any harsh lines that appear with the stippling brush.
5. If you would like more color, lightly tap your stippling brush into the cream blush 2-3
    times and repeat the process.
6. Look in the mirror--rosy glow, right??

Pros:
-gives you a healthy, rosy flush
-little goes a long way (highly pigmented)
-product will last a long time (small amount of product required per use)
-cream blush stays on practically all day
-feels light on skin

Cons:
-some may consider this pricey ($26 a pop)
-score of 4 on EWG Skin Deep hazard scale
-need makeup brush tool to apply 
-contains preservative BHT


EWG Skindeep Rating: 4

-The ingredients listed on my box seemed different from what I found listed on the EWG Skin Deep website, so I painstakingly added each ingredient to generate a report, click here to read more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment