Thursday, February 13, 2014

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps

Today I want to talk about the Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps: All-One Hemp Pure Castile Soap (bar soap) and 18-in-1 Hemp Pure Castile Soap (liquid soap)!


I love Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps.  I love that I can read all the ingredients, they smell good and the ingredients are minimal.  I have been hooked on both the Magic All-One Soap (citrus orange scent) and the 18-in1 Pure Castile Soap (almond scent) for the past year.  Both create a great lather and you feel really clean after using them. I can’t shake bar soaps, because I’ve been using bar soaps for too many years, so I use both the bar soap and castile soaps in the shower.  The liquid soap is also great for travel—I purchased a small travel sized Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap bottle and refill it with my large Costco-sized bottle.  I purchased both on Amazon to try to get the best deal, but there may be other smaller online stores who give out discount codes with a better price. Replacing your soap with these is one easy way to take out the extra chemicals you would typically get from normal bar soaps.

Pros:
-Nice lather
-Smells good
-No nasty chemicals

Cons:
-Bar soaps are pricier than chemical counterparts
-$4.49 for the bar soap
-Starts at $4.25 for the 4oz. size

EWG Skindeep scores: 1 (both received a score of 1)

Click here to read the EWG Skin Deep report on the liquid soap and here to read the report on the bar soap.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I've been waiting to use up my shower wash so I can buy this. They have the blue bottle at Trader Joe's for $10 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it!! It's as good, if not better than regular body wash and it smells great! Oh TJ's has it?!?! Even better. :)

    ReplyDelete