Friday, January 31, 2014

Green Eye Products I Will NOT Be Re-Purchasing

I decided to write a post on natural eye products I've tried and didn't quite enjoy.  I realized all of my posts have been about my favorite things so far, and I sound like someone who loves everything I try. I'll say that 8 out of 10 things I try, I dislike, and those items get returned and get no review love.  There are plenty of products I've tried that I don't care for, and I want to include those honest reviews in case you get the itch to try these out:



1. Tarte Maracuja Eye Cream:  This eye cream for some reason doesn't spread very well and didn't feel hydrating enough around the eyes.  I felt like I had to apply a lot of product to get it to spread without me having to tug at my eyes.  It also claims to brighten the undereye area, which I didn't think it did.  I will use it up, but not be re-purchasing.  My sister has this and she seems to like it, so get a sample of it from Sephora if you're interested.  My sister's skin type is: perfect, but a little on the dryer side.  If this is your skin type, this may work for you. :)  



2. Pai Echium Anti Aging Eye Cream:  I'm on the fence about this one. It spreads easily and has a nice, light scent, but I don't think it does very much for the skin around my eyes. I like that it's natural, contains argan oil and hydrates a bit, but it doesn't do anything for fine lines or dark circles from what I can tell.   I'm currently trying out some other eye creams, so I'll keep you posted on what happens with those.  Maybe the skin around my eyes can't be helped, but I'm willing to try out a few more before I give up my search for the perfect, natural eye cream.  If I couldn't find anything else out there, I can see myself going back to this one due to it's good ingredients.


3. Mineral Fusion Eye Makeup Remover:  I did not like this at all.  First, it's a gel.  I hate gel eye makeup removers.  This and the MakeUpForEver Sens'Eyes are in the same bucket--anytime I try to use gel eye makeup removers, I get it IN MY EYES!! Tried this for the first time last night and I hated it.  Got it in my eyes AND it didn't remove eye makeup very well--I had to rub several times to get my mascara off, and even then, it didn't take it all off.  I felt like I aged my poor right eye by rubbing some wrinkles into it (for some reason, the right eye mascara was holding on for dear life last night).  Going back to my more chemical-laden liquid eye makeup removers until I find a good replacement  


No comments:

Post a Comment