Wednesday, May 28, 2014

W3LL People Mascara and Universalist Colorstick #8

  Two months ago, I went to a green beauty event in LA that featured a green skin care line (Arcona), a green hair care line (Briogeo), and a green makeup line (W3LL People). Most green makeup lines aren't carried in stores, and this makes it difficult to find the right shades for your skin tone. With this in-person event and knowing I could see/try these items in person, the inner beauty junkie took over and signed up immediately. I HAD TO BE THERE. The event was great--there was some green beauty Q&A and we were off to check out all the brands at the event.


  I ran off to W3LL People. I had been eyeing a few products from their line and wanted to see how the colors looked. I knew I'd be in trouble after I spoke with a rep from their line, and 10 minutes later, I was off to check out, having purchased more than I thought I would. I ended up leaving with their Universalist Multi-Use Colorstick in #8, Hedonist Mineral Bronzer in #52, Altruist Mineral Foundation in #16, Expressionist Bio-Extreme Mascara in Black, their soft kabuki brush, and a freebie clear lip gloss. I also left with a Briogeo Blossom and Bloom thickening conditioner .

  Today's review is about their Universal colorstick and mascara, since I've had a chance to use both items for two months.

Universal Colorstick #8: I was confused about how to wear the cream colorstick as a blush over my mineral veil, but after I figured out I could layer it over my mineral veil, it soon won me over. I swipe it 3-4 times on my index finger and dab it on to each cheek, blend and voila: coral-y tinted cheeks! Love the color on my medium toned skin. I found it gave me a few clogs the first week, but they went away afterwards and now just adds a nice touch of color to my face. It does give me a few small clogs if I use it it too many days in a row, so I can't use it too many days consecutively. 

EWG Skin Deep Score: 4


Expressionist Bio Extreme Mascara: This mascara definitely is in the same league as my 100% Pure mascara--this one lengthens and volumizes. With two coats, it gives my lashes great length and good volume. This formulation is less dry than the 100% Pure mascara and the brush is made of injection molded rubber, so it separates lashes very well. But, don't make me pick between the two, because they are both REALLY great mascaras.

EWG Skin Deep Score: 4



No comments:

Post a Comment