Sunday, May 25, 2014

Best Beauty Find of 2014: The Konjac Face Puff-Better than my Clairsonic

I found my favorite green beauty find of 2014 this past January--the Not.a.sponge konjac face puff (white puff--In the Raw). They have a few others available, but I really love the original white puff.



I had read several reviews about this on green bloggers sites, and was curious to see how this simple product would fare against my Clairsonic face exfoliator. Now that I've been using it for several months, I feel like I can write a fair review on it. If I were to sum it up in a few words, I would say: I LOVE IT, more than my Clairsonic! It's natural, extremely soft, exfoliates gently, leaves my face feeling smooth and is biodegradable.

The first time I used it, I thought it was too soft to do anything for me--I was used to my Clairsonic and other harsh exfoliators that were abrasive. It's that old mentality that it has to burn or be rough to exfoliate, right? Wrong. After my first few uses, I had random people telling me my skin looked nice. I thought about it and realized the only new thing I added to my regimen was this Not.a.sponge. YES!! I rarely add things to my skin care regimen because I'm happy with it, but this addition was welcome.

Here's a quick breakdown of the Not.a.sponge face puff:

What is it: It's a fibrous, super soft vegetable that grows off a Korean island rich in volcanic soil. It's filled with tons of vitamins and minerals like Vitamins A, C,E, D, B1, B2, B6, B12, Zinc, Protein, Folic Acid and Iron. It also stimulates new growth of skin cells and encourages blood circulation. 

How to use it: Wash your face. Saturate the puff with water until it becomes a soft, spongy puff. Squeeze out excess water and gently massage around your face. Splash water on your face and pat dry. Follow your typical skin care routine afterwards. Rinse the puff under water, squeeze out the excess and hang dry (it comes with a string attached for hanging). I use it 2-3x/week, but I know some people who use it daily.

Why do I like it more than I like my Clairsonic? 

First, it's very affordable ($10). They recommend replacing it every 2-3 months, or until it starts cracking. With my Clairsonic, they recommended I replace my brush head every three months, which was $27 a pop. Plus, the device itself is pricey to start (I got mine when it first came out and it was $200 back then). 

Second, even the softest brush head for my Clairsonic was too rough for the area around my nose--it was always red after each use.  I have since stopped using my Clairsonic and use the Not.a.sponge--no more redness, just soft, happy skin.

Third, it's biodegradable. 

Have you ever liked something so much you wished you could sell it? I've only felt this way about a few things in my life:


  • Trader Joe's Cookie Butter
  • 302 Skincare
  • Garlic Dip from my local farmers market
I've since added this to my list and….decided to open up a tiny online boutique! I only carry the green beauty products I love, so it's small right now. :) Come visit at www.greenbeautique.com. Get 15% off for the month of June using a friends and family discount code: frfam15. Happy green shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment