Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Handy Beauty Tools: Muji Acrylic Cases and Benjabelle Brush Tree (Daisy)

Muji Acrylic Case
Photo courtesy of muji.us

I broke down and purchased this for myself late last year--every vlogger owned at least one of these acrylic cases, so I had to jump on the bandwagon. I purchased the two drawers with a flip top lid ($26.75) because I needed a home for some of my larger makeup brushes. I hate the thought of leaving them out in the open because eventually tiny dust particles will settle into them, and I hate dust. I bought this for myself last christmas and I love it! I'm also eyeing this 3 drawer one to segregate some of my green makeup.

Measures: 25.5cm x17cm x 9.5cm


Benjabelle Brush Tree - Daisy

I purchased this brush tree ($19.95) a few months ago because I learned that brushes should be dried at a downward angle, if not upside down. Did you know that? It's because the ferrule (the part of the brush that crimps the brush hairs down and connects to the brush handle) contains glue, and getting it wet can mess with the glue that keeps those brush hairs together. This can lead to loss of brush hairs and a shorter life span of your expensive makeup brushes. Also, if you dry it upside down, the brush dries a bit faster since it can dry all around. This brush tree can accommodate 6 large brushes and 8 smaller brushes to dry at once. They have other brush trees that can hold more brushes, but I found this one was perfect for me.

Photo from Amazon.com
Either would also make perfect gifts--at under $30 each, these handy gifts are practical, yet fun to own.



No comments:

Post a Comment