Monday, May 5, 2014

My Natural Under Eye Concealer: Alima Powder Concealer Review

I've always had a love/hate relationship with under eye concealer. I know I have to use one, but it was tough finding an ideal one--many were too drying, cakey, didn't provide enough coverage or weren't the right color.

I sort of gave up trying to find a good concealer because everything I tried fell into one of the above categories. I tried tons of different concealers: true concealers, foundations as concealers, brightening luminizing pens, but I didn't love any of them. The only type of concealer I didn't try was a powder concealer, because I didn't think it could really do much for me. Then a few months ago during a trip to Toronto, I purchased a few Alima items at a boutique, including a powder concealer. I played around with this concealer to use on my under eyes and voila, new concealer found!

My under eye circles aren't the worst…it really depends on the day. They're not black, is all I'm saying. I don't need super heavy coverage, so you may need to add more powder or try something else that's a bit heavier if you have very dark under eye circles.

Here's how I use it:

1. Make sure your under eye is very hydrated by using a good eye cream. I use Aurelia's Probiotic Eye Duo (review here).
2. Take a soft concealer brush and lightly dip the brush in the powder.
3. Tap the powder into the lid of the concealer and swirl it into the brush (I bought mine in the color Amber).
4. Lightly brush the powder on the desired area.
5. Using your fourth/ring finger, lightly tap the powder into your under eye to soften and blend the powder.
6. Your under eyes are a little less racoon-y.

Pros:
-Scores a 1 on the EWG Skindeep website
-Provides coverage that is not cakey or drying
-$14
-Since you only use a little bit at a time, seems like it will last a long time

Cons:
-May need to layer up on coverage for those with very dark circles

Click here to review the EWG Skindeep report.


No comments:

Post a Comment