Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My New Favorite Green Mascara is….

(Drumroll please)….the 100% Pure Black Tea Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara!



I did lots of research on mascara and settled on trying these three mascaras which all claimed to provide volume/length or some combination thereof:

1. Josie Maran Gogo Instant Natural Volume Mascara
2. Afterglow Cosmetics Organic Infused Pure Soul Mascara
3. 100% Pure Black Tea Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara

And the above is exactly the ranking I would give them. Afterglow's mascara is pretty good, but it doesn't do much in terms of volume--it primarily lengthened my lashes a bit, and that was it.


Unfortunately, the Josie Maran one was my least favorite (click here to read the full post).

Here's why the 100% Pure Black Tea Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara is the winner (thus far): 

1. It lengthens AND volumizes my lashes comparably to the more chemical-laden counterparts.  It actually would do well in a competition against any drugstore or department store brand, in my opinion.

2. Like it's company name indicates, it's made of 100% pure ingredients. Here's the ingredient listing:

Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Organic Green Tea), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cera Alba (Honey Beeswax), Rubus Fruticosus Fruit Extract (Blackberry Extract), Ribes Nigrum Fruit Extract (Blackcurrant Extract), Rubus Idaeus Fruit Extract (Raspberry Extract), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein (Oat Protein), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Wheat Protein), Pantothenic Acid (Pro-vitamin B5), Fucus Vesiculosus Extract (Seaweed Powder), Coconut Stearic Acid (Coconut Acid), Mica, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa Butter), Pearl Powder, Oryza Sativa Germ Powder (Rice Powder), Theobroma Cacao Extract (Cocoa Powder), Coffea Arabica Seed Extract (Powdered Coffee Beans), Mel (Lavender Honey), Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract (Oregano Extract), Thymus Vulgaris Flower/Leaf Extract (Thyme Extract), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary Extract), Lavandula Angustifolia Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (Lavender Extract), Hydrastis Canadensis Extract (Goldenseal Extract)

3. It smells nice-not that mascara ever needs to have a scent, because who will be sniffing your eyes? Regardless, it naturally has a nice fruity smell that's very subtle. 
4. This mascara smudges less than Telescopic, which is really surprising. Even at the end of the day, the smudge isn't too terrible, which is unusual for me (my skin is on the oily side). 
**Note: I wasn't able to complete my report on EWG Skin Deep--there's something wrong with the database and it's not synthesizing the information to provide me with a hazard score. :( I'll keep plugging away until I can get a score. Until then, the previous formulation of the mascara had a score of a 2. Hoping it's as close to this number as possible, as I love it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment