Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bare Minerals Ready Touch Up Translucent Veil, SPF 15 Review

Well, I've been using this for 3 years and today I looked up the hazard score and it got a 4. Not too high, but my goal is to stick with items with a score of a 3 or less. On the hunt for something with a lower score…but read below if a score of "4" doesn't bother you--aside from the score, it's a pretty good translucent powder. My post below was written before I looked up the score (I know, boo on me). I've been trying a different loose mineral powder with SPF 30, so if that continues to go well, I'll be blogging about that in a month. 




I used to hate Bare Minerals. A Sephora makeup artist put the foundation on me years ago and I hated it. It looked completely cakey and when I looked in the mirror, I saw a geisha girl. I was nice to the make up artist and thanked her, as I grabbed a few tissues on my way out of the store. The moment I got in the car, I immediately started rubbing it off (did I mention it looked worse in natural light?). I didn’t think I would ever go back to Bare Minerals after this experience until I read about this translucent powder in a magazine a few years ago. I noticed this powder was lighter and contained ingredients that were cleaner. I was looking for a powder at the time with some SPF for added sun protection and this fit the bill (SPF 15). I’ve been using this powder for over 2 years now, and I can say that I’m now a Bare Minerals believer. The translucent powder doesn’t clog my pores, mattifies my skin for many hours, provides a SPF of 15 AND looks natural. I told a friend with finicky skin about this product and she's been using it for the past year. I use this with a kabuki brush once a day in the AM and possibly again in the PM before I go out. I have tried a TON of powders and all of the other ones caused me to breakout to varying degrees. Four compacts later, this is still my powder of choice. This powder doesn’t provide any coverage, so if you’re looking for that, you’ll have to try something else. Photo courtesy of Sephora.com.

Pros:
-light
-doesn’t clog pores
-mattifies
-contains SPF 15

Cons:
-doesn't provide any coverage (if that's what you're looking for)


EWG Skin Deep Score: 4

Click here to read the report.

No comments:

Post a Comment