Friday, March 14, 2014

Beauty Trick: How to Make Your Eyelashes Look Long and Voluminous

I decided I'd do another mascara post as a companion to my favorite green mascara post I finished up earlier this week (click here to read that post). Long eyelashes can make such a big difference-I always love to wear strip lashes and lash extensions, but I don't find them to be easy to maintain doing on a daily basis. Follow these few tips to enhance your own lashes to make them look longer and fuller:

1. Start by curling your lashes. Start at the base and using a pumping motion, curl your lashes moving upward half way until you have a good curl. Some people recommend heating the curler using a blow dryer prior to curling, as this holds the curl longer. I personally don't find the time to heat the curler in the AM so I skip this step.

2. Use an eyelash primer. I like to use Tarte's eyelash primer (read full blog post here). Use 2 coats of primer.

3. This third tip, I got from a vlogger (click here to watch her tips on how to lengthen and volumize lashes): use two different mascaras to achieve long and voluminous lashes. One mascara should be lengthening and the other one should be volumizing. When I was using this technique with non-green mascaras, I LOVED it! I was using Loreal's Telescopic for length and any cheapie volumizing mascara. It really made a difference and I was loving it. Now that I'm going green and green mascaras are at least $20 each, I'm not utilizing this method. If you haven't gone green or don't mind spending the money on separate volumizing and lengthening green mascaras, I would recommend doing this.

4. If you forego the two-different-mascaras idea in step 3, you can follow the above steps and wear multiple layers of your favorite mascara (my favorite green mascara for now is the one from 100% Pure). One to two layers of this stuff and you are ready to go! Sometimes I'll curl my lashes again at the end to reinforce the curl.



No comments:

Post a Comment