Friday, March 21, 2014

Natural Inika Eye Pencil Vs. Urban Decay Eye Pencil

I have mixed feelings posting this blog, because after I did my research on EWG Skin Deep, turns out, the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil has a lower score than my Inika Organic Eye Liner (EWG Skin Deep scores of 1 and 2, respectively). It's tough because the ingredients in the Urban Decay pencil aren't organic or as natural, and each pencil contains ingredients that rate at a 3 based on various things (please note that just because an ingredient is "natural," doesn't necessarily make it "good" for you--poison ivy is a natural plant, but is toxic right?). There are pros and cons of each pencil, so I'll go over that. How you choose to decide on the pencil is up to you.

The typical complaints of a green eye liner are: color isn't as pigmented as traditional liners and they don't have great staying power. With the Urban Decay liner in Perversion, these problems don't exist--it's also the blackest black liner I've ever used. I personally loved this liner before I decided to clean up my makeup bag and go green. In fact, it works so well you have to put a little elbow grease into removing it at night.

Since I've switched over to cleaner make-up, I tried this Inika eye liner pencil based on good reviews in the green beauty community. It doesn't create a drag when you apply the pencil and does go on fairly smoothly (which is good because eye liners that tug your eye lead to accelerated eye wrinkles-no bueno). My only complaint is of the staying power and lack of dark pigment (both of which I knew about prior to purchasing, so this isn't fair for Inika, right?). I just have to keep the pencil on me and re-apply before I go out at night, and this does the trick. Or I can line my eyes with a gel liner (I use the one from Tarte) to give you a more dramatic look. Another cool thing about this pencil is that it comes with its own sharpener, which is nice- gotta love a free stuff.

Click here to view the Inika report, vs. the Urban Decay report here.

No comments:

Post a Comment