Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Green Eye Primer? Yes, please. Gabriel in Warm Beige

I purchased this at my local Whole Foods when I made the mistake of perusing the makeup and skincare section (the skincare and makeup junkie in me HAD to stop by "just to look"). One of the few things I'm missing is a natural eye primer and a good eyebrow powder/pencil in my makeup bag (90% of my makeup has been transitioned over to cleaner make up). The packaging isn't fancy, just simple. What sold me was the short list of ingredients--I took a quick look and didn't see any ingredient that raised any red flags. 

Please ignore the lint on the lid of the eye primer (how good is the camera on my S4??).


I got this in "Warm Beige," which seems to be the perfect color for me. I've used it several times over the past few weeks and I LOVE IT. My eye shadows looked more vibrant and had greater staying power. I had no idea how much more the colors would show using the same amount of eye shadow, but with a natural eye primer as the base. I'm now a convert. This doesn't last all day like non-natural primers, as I did get creasies after a few hours.

I did also notice that cream eye shadows (I use natural cream shadows), didn't last so long with this primer. I'm guessing it's because they both had oils as the bases (and like dissolves like-remember that from chemistry?), the staying power wasn't as good compared to the powder shadows.

The thing I love most about it is that they don't sell you based on the packaging--it's simple packaging, not fancy, but what's inside it WORKS. Like they say, don't judge a book by it's 80's looking cover.

All in all, still a primer I will keep re-purchasing until I can find something as clean with better staying power.
Pros:
-$14.99, which makes it pretty affordable in my book (I'm used to buying the more expensive primers)
-Makes eye shadow colors pop
-Extends the life of the eye shadow on your lid (# of hours depends on how oily your lids are)

Cons:
-still got some creasies after 3 hours, but the shadow colors remained in place anywhere away from my crease
-packaging is simple
-less hygienic than primers that come out of a tube (this one comes in a little pot that you have to use your fingers to get the product out and apply on your eyelids, similar to a potted concealer)

EWG Score: 2

Click here to read the EWG report.

No comments:

Post a Comment