Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hello Healthy Bronzer!

My search for a non-shimmery, natural bronzer is finally over!! I've been using Josie Maran's Argan Brightening Bronzer Sun Spot Corrector for the past 2 months and I LOVE IT.  It comes in one universal color, "Golden Bronze" in a golden pink metallic compact.  I've sampled a few other bronzers at Sephora, but most of them were either not "green" enough or just made my face look dirty.  This one gives me a sun-kissed look as a blush or highlights my cheekbones perfectly as a contour powder.  It gives you the right amount of color that wakes your face up and gives the facade of a nice glow.  Added perk--it has natural SPF coverage!  




Here are some of the bronzer's claims:

"Reverse the appearance of sun damage while imparting a natural sunkissed glow with Argan Brightening Bronzer Sun Spot Corrector. The Argan oil-infused powder contains vitamin C and bearberry extract to brighten skin and help correct uneven skintone. Natural SPF protects from future sun damage." 

I can't say for certain that this has corrected any uneven skin tone (since my cheekbones weren't uneven to begin with), but I do like that it contains argan oil and vitamin C.  I think the hardest part about using this bronzer was figuring out which brush to use it with--if you ask 3 makeup artists this question, they'll all give you a different answer.  I ended up watching so many different videos on youtube on which brush to use with a bronzer it gave me a headache.  Ultimately, use what works for you.  I ended up picking a blush brush by Kevyn Aucoin and though expensive, I love way it applies the product on my skin.  The brush doesn't hold on to any of the powder and deposits it all on your face, so it doesn't waste any product.   Other's have recommended: 1) a flat round brush--tap some product on the edge and use that to hollow out your cheekbones; 2) an angled blush brush to hollow out the cheekbones; 3) large brush to use as an all over bronzer; 4) blush brush to use as blush.


Pros:
-beautiful color
-minimal product needed per application
-natural SPF
-contains vitamin C and argan oil
-hasn't caused any breakouts
-scores low on the EWG Skin Deep hazard scale

Cons:
-retails for $32


EWG Skindeep Rating: 1

Click here to read the report.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Stila one? I like that this is not shimmery, but I'm curious how they compare. Thanks Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't tried that one! I try to pick out things that are on the greener side, so Stila probably wouldn't be my first choice. But having said that, I'm not sure how it rates on EWG Skin Deep so make sure you check that out first! I've found that for the most part, more chemical-filled products "look" better, but this one's got the best of both worlds. :)

    ReplyDelete