Friday, April 25, 2014

Low Poo- Two Months and Going

So…by week 4, this low poo thing was proving harder than I originally anticipated. The week after I hennaed my hair, my hair and scalp were looking fantastical. I was able to go about 2-3 days without washing my hair and not have it looking like I didn't wash my hair--AWESOME. My hair felt 90% clean. I was continuing to use my Morrocco Method shampoos with no conditioners, because they indicated a separate conditioner wasn't necessary. Then my scalp started to get dry. WHAAAAT? Why?? I decided to try moisturizing my scalp with some argan oil for the first few days, then continued to moisturize with a green conditioner I purchased not too long ago made by Briogeo (full review of this product to come). I only did this once or twice and will not make it a habit to condition my scalp (it's not necessary for me), but just condition the middle of my hair to the ends. This seemed to do the job and scalp was dry no more.

I've been doing this low poo-ing for about 2 months now and I think I'm going to stick with it. My hair seems to produce less sebum/oil and I like that I'm using less chemicals in my hair. Don't get me wrong, I'm still shampooing every other day, but the second day doesn't look as bad as it did when I was using regular shampoo. One thing I will miss? The delicious smells of my old chemical-y shampoos. Man. Oh and that feeling of having 100% clean hair--when you low poo, it's hard to get that feeling when you have a low sudsing shampoo. It does feel 90% clean, which is a percentage I can live with. I'll post again in a few months to let you know how my hair does and if I can actually stick it out. Wish me luck!

**Update: I cheated on my low-poo regiment….I'm starting to try natural shampoos with no bad ingredients because I missed that feeling of 100% clean hair. I feel terrible, but I'm determined to get the best of both worlds. I'll keep using my super low-poo shampoo and rotate with more natural shampoos that also give me some lather. Sorry low-poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment